Unfortunately, where we live, the summer goes by in the blink of an eye. Cold, gloomy weather dominates much of the year for us, so we try to soak up the summer sun as much as we possibly can for the short amount of time that it’s with us. I’m starting to get sad that it’s already halfway over! There are SO many things I love about this time of year, so, now, I proudly present to you…25 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT SUMMER:
1. Chilling at the beach with other moms while the kids all run around in a little wolf-pack the whole afternoon.
2. Lazy mornings where we stay in our pj’s till almost lunchtime, simply because we can.
3. Grilling out — doesn’t EVERYTHING just taste better when it’s grilled?!
4. Being able to run pretty much any and all errands in nothing but my swimsuit and cover-up.
5. Having the kids eat dinner on the patio so that the squirrels can clean up all the dropped crumbs for a change instead of me.
6. Watching my kids entertain themselves for hours in the backyard with nothing but a broken tree branch.
7. Lemonade stands and seeing all the little neighborhood entrepreneurs hard at work.
8. Being able to go for a run outside without having to wear a thousand different layers for warmth.
9. Knowing that those filthy dirty little piggies on my kids’ feet at night are the result of a helluva lot of fun.
10. Going for ice cream and watching the chocolate drip down my kids’ happy faces.
11. Bike rides to the park, even if they result in bloody knees and even more band-aids.
12. Driving with the windows down in the car and watching my kids howl with laughter while the wind whips their hair.
13. The peaceful sound of the locusts in all the big trees we have around our house.
14. Finally seeing all our neighbors out and about, who are, like me, usually hibernating all winter long.
15. Our Fourth of July party in the backyard — exhausting but tons o’ fun.
16. Eating my hubby’s homemade guacamole and drinking margaritas.
17. Less sickness and viruses among my kids — so nice to have a break from all that.
18. Picnic lunches — pb&j’s for everyone (me included)!
19. Summer camps — hey, mama needs a break sometimes!
20. Watching my kids’ faces light up like crazy when they run into one of their teachers, who really do have lives outside of school, much to the delight/confusion of my kids.
21. Longer visits at Grammy’s house — more QT together is always a bonus.
22. Chasing after my kids through the beauty that is the Botanic Gardens.
23. Fresh blueberries — my memory needs all the help it can get!
24. Flip-flops! Need I say more?!
25. Spending as much time as possible with my kids before they’re all grown up right before my very own eyes.
Filed under: mom blog, mom trying to stay sane blog | Tagged: BBQ's, beach, family, flip-flops, kids, moms, motherhood, parenting, picnic, stay at home moms, summer, summer vacation, summertime, twins | 3 Comments »