So, you think you know me, huh? Well, some of you actually do, quite well, in fact. But a lot of you may just think you’ve got the 4-1-1 on me cause you’ve read my blog. Sure, I give you a glimpse into my world five days a week through my writing, but I really only touch the surface. Perhaps some of you would like to know even more, and perhaps some of you have had more than your fair share of me. Whatever the case, I thought I’d rip off borrow one of Facebook’s little ideas and share with you some of my lesser known quirks and obscurities.
1. I am very indecisive. I changed my major four times in college.
2. I have a birthmark on my left arm that looks like someone bit me.
3. I won a six-foot tall stuffed rabbit from a coloring contest in elementary school.
4. I have never broken a bone in my body.
5. I am superstitious, so knock on wood.
6. I sang karaoke with Joey Fatone at a friend’s house in LA.
7. I have to have something sweet at the end of every meal, even if it’s just a tiny piece of chocolate.
8. Halloween and Christmas are my all-time favorite holidays. I could go nuts decorating the house for these occasions.
9. I ALWAYS carry of pack of Five gum with me and chew it like it’s going out of style.
10. Cats make me sneeze like a madwoman.
11. I was threatened once by a cabbie with a tire iron who left me and three others stranded on the side of the road.
12. I hardly ever carry cash with me. Bank card for everything, baby!
13. I have a permanent retainer on the back of my bottom row of teeth.
14. I love the beach, but the ocean scares the hell out of me. Jaws seriously scarred me for life.
15. I love to draw and have always wanted to take an art class.
16. I push the lock button twice every time I get out of my car just to be sure it’s locked.
17. The Giving Tree is one of my all-time favorite books, maybe cause I can so easily relate to the stump at the end.
18. I’m a little obsessed with mob movies.
19. I once finagled my way into getting a free $1200 armoire from Pottery Barn.
20. In college, I got fired from my job at an ice cream store because I was too hung over from a frat luau — sorry Mom and Dad!
21. In junior high I had a pet turtle that I named after my boyfriend. My mom made me let it go in the woods behind our house for fear of salmonella.
22. I may very well be the last person on earth, but I have never seen a Star Wars movie in its entirety.
23. I still check under the beds before I go to sleep when my hubby’s out of town. Hey, who you calling a wuss?!
24. When I tried out for cheerleading my freshman year of high school, my shirt flew up over my head during my back handspring. I made the team. ;-)
25. My absolute favorite thing in the world to do is to hug my amazingly awesome kids.